I decided we could use a little decor up for the 4th of July weekend Holiday. Not wanting to go out searching for what I had in mind, I decided to go ahead and make it. All of the materials were ones that I had on hand and it only took a couple hours. It may have taken me that long because I had a 2 yr old helper.
2 pieces of blue construction paper
2 pieces of red construction paper
3 pieces of white copy paper
A paper slicer
1. Slice all pieces of paper in half lengthwise. My white paper was narrower than the construction paper, which will help make my white triangles slightly smaller. If your paper is all the same size, slice just a bit off of the color you would like smaller.
2. Angle long strips into slicer to make triangles. Once I got one I used it to lay over the next slice to help get them the same size.
3. Cut triangles from all colors of paper.
5. Measure out your desired length of twine and cut.
6. String on your triangles by stacking 2 and going down through one hole and up through the other. Continue until all of your triangles are strung up.
7. Hang your pennant garland and enjoy!
If you have kids old enough to help out; this would be a great summer day “I’m so bored!” activity for them.
Have a great weekend!